When and where can I submit my application to be paid through the local Guam War Claims Program?
    Applications can be completed at the Guam War Claims Processing Center during the following schedule:

    Mondays through Fridays
    9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
    Hakubotan Building, Tamuning (Across from Tamuning Post Office) [SEE MAP]

Who is eligible for payment through the Guam War Claims Program?
    A person who filed a claim with the Department of Justice’s Foreign Claims Settlement Commission and were granted an award in a “Final Decision” letter from the Commission are eligible.

My parent(s)/spouse received an adjudicated letter but passed away. Am I able to collect on their behalf?
    Starting Wednesday, January 29, 2020, the Guam Bar Association will be providing a daily Pro Bono Clinic, “Ta Fan Ayuda,” at the Guam War Claims Processing Center from 9 a.m. to 11a.m.

    The service will aid families of deceased claimants who are already in receipt of letters of acknowledgment and/or decision letters from the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission and in need of probate services. Attorneys will provide basic consultations and assist in completing any necessary affidavit or related documents. Notary services are also being provided by the Guam Election

    Commission on-site. Survivors of deceased claimants must bring a valid government-issued I.D., a copy of their claim letter from the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission, a death certificate of the claimant, a list of names and ages of all heirs of the deceased claimant, and the last will (if any).

What documents do I need?
    You will need a valid government-issued photo ID along with an original claim letter and/or an adjudicated letter from the Department of Justice Foreign Claims Settlement Commission.

I have an adjudicated claim. What do I need to do?
    If you have an adjudicated letter, you will need to bring that letter and a valid government-issued ID to our Guam War Claims Processing Center in Tamuning.

I’m off-island. Am I able to process my adjudicated claim?
    Yes. You may email your name, claim number, and decision number (located on the adjudicated letter), to We will respond with further instructions.

    Or, you may send it via certified mail to:

    Department of Administration Guam
    Attention: War Claims Processing Center:
    P.O. Box 9939
    Tamuning, GU 96931

    Please include a copy of the adjudicated letter and a copy of your valid government-issued ID.

I only received the first letter. Can my claim be processed?
    Your claim has not yet been adjudicated by the federal government. We unfortunately cannot process those claims for a payment. However, we can have you sign an Authorization of Release of Information form which allows GovGuam to ask the federal government on the status of your claim on your behalf. We will take your phone number and call you once we receive a status on your claim, provided that the federal government is able to give us a response as well.

Why must my form be notarized?
    By signing your claim in the presence of a notary, the document will meet a standard of authenticity and credit for the U.S. Treasury when submitted for review and processing.

I did not file. Am I still able to receive a claim?
    Unfortunately, only claims that were filed in 2017 and 2018 are being addressed. It will take an act of Congress for individuals who did not file within that time frame. Please call Guam’s delegate Michael San Nicolas and urge him to open the window for filing claims. His number is 475-6453 or his DC Office at 1-844-482-6671.

    You may also sign a petition at the Guam War Claims Processing Center, if the Speaker Tina Muna Barnes’ office representative is present or you may go to the speaker’s office to request the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission to re-open the filing period.

When will the check be cut?
    Upon completing the application process through the local Guam War Claims program, the Guam Department of Administration will submit your application packet to the U.S. Department of Treasury for certification. Certifications are expected to take up to ten (10) working days. Once certified, the Department of Administration will immediately process checks for payment.

How will I receive my check?
    You have the option to receive your check via mail or arrange to have your check picked up.

Will my check be taxed or garnished?
    The Government of Guam will neither garnish nor tax any awards under P.L. 35-61.

I am unable to go to the center. Would someone be able to bring the documents to my home?
    If you are unable to visit the Guam War Claims Processing Center, we can schedule a homebound visit.

    To schedule a homebound visit, please contact the Guam War Claims Processing Center and provide your name, contact number, and the village of residence. Someone will contact you regarding the best time to visit.

I lost my claim letter/adjudicated letter, how can I get another copy?
    For the claim letter:
    You would have to follow up directly with the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission via phone at 202-616-6975 or via email at

    For the adjudicated letter:
    If you know your claim number, you can verify whether your claim has been adjudicated here:
    If you do now know your claim number, you would have to follow up directly with the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission via phone at 202-616-6975 or via email at

Whom can I contact if I need more information?
    You can contact (671) 472-8931 or (671) 482-0792 Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (CHamoru Standard Time). You can also email or visit our website at for more information

    Guam Department of Administration
    Attention: Guam War Claims Program
    P.O. Box 9939
    Tamuning, Guam 96931

    Applicants are reminded to send applications using Certified Mail and to retain the mailing slip and tracking number in their records.